INDIANA UNIVERSITY is a major multi-campus public research institution, grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, and a world leader in professional, medical, and technological education. We strive to achieve full diversity, and to maintain friendly, collegial, and humane environments, with a strong commitment to academic freedom. Our rich resources in the arts, the natural beauty of our state, and our widely recognized health care innovations make Indiana a desirable place to live.
For nearly two centuries, the faculty of Indiana University have consistently brought worldwide recognition to the university. In return, the university has made supporting the research, teaching, and service goals of each faculty member a priority with programs and services such as the following:
- State-of-the-art facilities, including advanced laboratories, studios, classrooms, and recreational venues, on each of our eight campuses to support teaching and research excellence.
- Support from a top rated IT services department which provides access to one of the world’s fastest supercomputers, the IU Data Capacitor, and the high-speed TeraGrid network, as well as, programs and assistance to integrate technology into your teaching and research goals.
- Access to the nation's top university library system, according to the Association of College and Research Libraries, housing more than 12 million volumes including rare and special collections.
- The ability to leverage research funding to create collaborations and partnerships with industries and the private sector through the IU Research & Technology Corporation.
- A rich campus community with each of our eight campuses serving as a cultural resource for its community by offering a combination of music, art, and theater and a venue for guest performers and speakers.
- Programs to promote a healthy workplace and lifestyle and assist faculty in achieving work-life balance including spousal hiring support, child care assistance, and family leave.
How to Apply for a Faculty Job at Indiana University
New Applicants for Academic Positions
- To search open positions, click the Search Jobs link on the navigation bar to the left.
- To apply for a position, click the Create Account link on the navigation bar to the left, then follow the directions.
Click Login, and enter your username and password. This enables you to:
- Edit your existing profile.
- Apply to new jobs without re-entering your profile information.
- Review the status of positions to which you have applied.
Indiana University employees and applicants of positions have certain protections under Federal and State law as well as University policy. The information on this page is a useful guide for understanding your rights and responsibilities as they relate to employment laws, regulations and requirements.
IU participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify Program to confirm employee eligibility.
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
The Annual Security Reports, containing policy statements and crime statistics for Indiana University campuses, are available through Public Safety and the IU Police Department web sites at protect.iu.edu/police-safety/annual-reports/index.html. A paper copy will be provided upon request from Public Safety at email@example.com.